Our client entrust us the adaptation of an existing and operating press, for compliance with the regulation under Royal Decree RD1215, increasing and modernizing the security measures of a press in production.
After the implementation of the measures proposed and validated measures by a competent third party on security, the result is a great reduction of the possibility of accidents and the increment of safety in the use of the press by the operators, maintaining the production and creating safe protocols in work processes.
Functionalities and ADVANTAGES:
INISA, according to the functionality-requirements of the plant property, implements:
- The change in the security configuration of the MANUAL mode of the equipment. In return of the cancellation of the security devices of the boundary (limit switch, immaterial barrier), other alternative measures are proposed: some cancelled movements, those allowed only through a portable console equipped with “dead man” validation and emergency stop. The operator moves to the movement areas with direct vision of the drive, moving it safely.
- Improvement of the manual reset function of the security devices installed at the accesses to the interior of the perimeter closure (immaterial barrier and door with limit switch). Local and independent rearmament for each access.
- Ensuring access and security protocols for the use of the press. In addition to the barriers and security elements that are installed, sequences and access protocols must be followed for safe operation, in actions such us changing the tool.
- Risk analysis, proposal of corrective measures and their implementation.
- Graphical display of security elements, easily and comfortably on the touch screen.
- Implementation of the set with a new safety PLC, which controls the new safety devices (barriers, buttons, rearms…) and performs the safe electrical adjustments in the existing panels at the moment, all in a electric cabinet we provide.
- Certification by a third party, from the execution of the project to its final implementation. Generation of final security documentation, such us manuals and user protocols.
Technologies and implemented processes:
- SIEMENS safety PLC (TIA Portal), photoelectric barriers, Proface dead man HMI.
- Profinet communications and implementation of ETH card in S7400 PLC.
- Definition, selection and integration of the devices in the electrical panel of our supply. Wiring diagrams of both, new and modified.
- Set-up, validation of conformity by third parties and delivery of the operator´s manual, with operating protocols.
INISA, adapting machines to RD1215